Custom Ride - Compact Inverted Coaster

Its no coincidence that a lot of my favorite theme park rides are analogs to rides from local amusement parks here in Denver. One of the main attractions at Elitch Gardens is a Compact Inverted Coaster called the Mind Eraser. I decided to make my own version of it for my RCT3 park. This one has a compact footprint and is fully self contained with no scenery or terraforming required.

I really like this coaster because it is fun to watch; it allows you to design it in such a way that there are lots of loops and banked turns, one after another, so the trains are always flipping or diving. For a long time I thought this was a full sized coaster, but RCT3 has another one that is bigger (trains are wider)...this is the "compact" version apparently.
Additional Images:






In writing this I discovered there is more than one Mind Eraser apparently...there are at least four of them (and maybe as many as 15, though I don't know if they are just the same brand or if they are identical), and only one is in Elitch Gardens. It is one of the main attractions in the park, and always has the longest line out of any of the rides. It is more fun to watch than to ride in my opinion (though it is still fun to ride)...with all the shifts in direction, it's hard to really experience the ride, and it is pretty bumpy. You cant really see anything because you are constantly changing direction. But it is definitely intense, and I was smiling while I was riding it.

Download the .TRK file here
(Scroll down to the "download file" button, and select "limited access")

.....Stats:

Space Required: 24 x 13
Initial Cost: $14,910

Excitement (Default): 6.58 (High)
Excitement (as Shown Here): 6.84 (High)
Intensity: 7.90 (Very High)
Nausea: 6.11 (High)

This type of coaster is known as a Suspended Looping Coaster in the real world, and this version is manufactured by a company called Vekoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment